I forgot my password

FAQ & RULES

Firstly, please understand that this forum is not associated with Cscope, or affiliated with Cscope in any way. It is purely a forum set up for fans of Cscope Metal detectors, and for people with questions about Cscope Metal detectors.

We want this forum to be as laid back as possible, but will not allow ANY of the following rules to be broken. Metal Detecting is getting enough bad press as it is at the moment, and we need to adhering to the positive ideas concerning Metal Detecting, together.

These are the rules of this forum. Please follow them.

Illegal Detecting.

We do not support illegal Metal Detecting in any way, shape or form. Any discussion on the positive promotion of Nighthawking, or any other form of illegal detecting will be deleted, and the member, banned.

ISM's

We do not condone racism, sexism, or any other negative ISM's on this forum. Posts will be deleted, and members banned. Aggression Any aggressive posts, be they directed at other members, moderators, or Joe Bloggs down the road will be deleted, and the member banned.

Please adhere to these rules, and treat other members with respect.

Newbie CS5MX

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie CS5MX

Post by jrmcm53 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:46 am

Newbie. First, thanks to addictedtobeeps, this site should be a very helpful focal point for cscope users

CS5MX, this is my first detector.
Purchased May this year after seeing addictedtobleeps cscope reviews and
meeting a bleeper using a CS6MXi who had been detecting about 18 months and showed me a variety of coins, silver and others.
Decided on the CS5MX because it was half the price of the CS6MXi
having been discounted on the CSCOPE site down to 300 quid.
My thoughts were it was very similar spec and a good starter detector.
Still looking for my first permission to give it a work out.
Have two farms, possibles through a 3rd party, fingers crossed.
Did a test in my garden using coins bottle tops etc at different depths. Quite impressive I thought.
Would welcome any hints and tips on the settings or discussion in general.

jrmcm53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie CS5MX

Post by whatunearth on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Not tried the cs5mx, but I'm sure someone will be able to help soon.

Here is a video I found online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMb2VCPnEg

Also found this review....
This review might be a little dated now due to newer detectors coming out, but it shows that the detector is still a great machine for the money....

The CS-5MX - high power with ease of operation - a real scorcher of a detector. You cannot buy a better MOTION machine than the CS-5MX. It's the machine to be seen with, distinctive by its large 'POLO' search-head. The CS-5MX gets results every time.

Every aspect of the CS-5MX is optimised for peak performance. The circuitry is tuned to the limit by skilled metal detector technicians in the C.Scope Quality Controlled Production Plant (European Standard ISO 9001). The power of the CS-5MX is put out through a 25cm SUPERLITE open-centred search-head giving more ground coverage and deeper detection for less weight. There's a POWER BOOST facility which puts even more energy into the coil to amplify those deep, faint signals, AND a highly sensitive signal intensity meter for visual confirmation.

When it comes to MOTION technology, C.Scope's got it sewn up. There's the CS-2M for powerful simplicity. The CS-2MX - a neat, high-performance package. And for those enthusiasts who demand the very most that this type of detector can give, it's got to be the CS-5MX - power detecting at its best.

FIELD TEST
"On site, which was a grass field of no known potential, but plenty of signals of all types, I set the controls (of the CS5MX) exactly as mentioned on Page 1 of the operating instructions. Then it was go, and positive signals started almost immediately - a nice silver thimble later dated circa 1663, at about 9 inches depth - not a bad start. The rest of the 2 hour test run was profitable in terms of signals and about 85% of those which sounded good were actually good targets".

SECOND TIME OUT
"The next outing with the CS5MX was much more of a test as it took place on a ploughed field with steep ruts and peaks. Operating in power boost mode was most important in order to amplify the weak signals. This managed to turn up a handsome hammered halfpenny, the only decent find of the day".

CONCLUSION
This is a class machine and at four hundred pounds is good value for money. I found it pretty hot on small silver items and generally very enjoyable to use. Among the finds made during the field test were two hammered coins, a medieval seal matrix and a fragment of a Bronze Age spearhead. The latter item was sent to the British Museum because it contained some organic material which they intend to have carbon dated.

Thanks
Whatunearth.  Very Happy 
whatunearth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CS5MX

Post by jrmcm53 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Thanks.
Came across the youtube link earlier.
The CS5MX in that video must be a far earlier model, but is still helpful and thanks again.  

jrmcm53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie CS5MX

Post by jrmcm53 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:43 am

Re CS5MX
Came across youtube video
'Metal Detecting Germany' by TerraGermania
using a C.S3MX in a stream.
Is my CS5MX waterproof enough for this?
Thanks

jrmcm53