Cscope Users
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

FAQ & RULES

Firstly, please understand that this forum is not associated with Cscope, or affiliated with Cscope in any way. It is purely a forum set up for fans of Cscope Metal detectors, and for people with questions about Cscope Metal detectors.

We want this forum to be as laid back as possible, but will not allow ANY of the following rules to be broken. Metal Detecting is getting enough bad press as it is at the moment, and we need to adhering to the positive ideas concerning Metal Detecting, together.

These are the rules of this forum. Please follow them.

Illegal Detecting.

We do not support illegal Metal Detecting in any way, shape or form. Any discussion on the positive promotion of Nighthawking, or any other form of illegal detecting will be deleted, and the member, banned.

ISM's

We do not condone racism, sexism, or any other negative ISM's on this forum. Posts will be deleted, and members banned. Aggression Any aggressive posts, be they directed at other members, moderators, or Joe Bloggs down the road will be deleted, and the member banned.

Please adhere to these rules, and treat other members with respect.

signal on one sweep direction only.

2 posters

Go down

signal on one sweep direction only. Empty signal on one sweep direction only.

Post by tomtomcs Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:30 am

Hi all,
A few times today I dug after getting signal on one direction of the sweep. Seemed to miss on right-to-left. This was only occasionally. Other times I noticed that there's a signal on one axis but at 90 degrees there's nothing?

In both cases I dug variety of garden rubbish. Will make up a test bed!

Anyone got a 6xmi near Street, Somerset......? Would love to see what another's does?

tomtomcs

Back to top Go down

signal on one sweep direction only. Empty Re: signal on one sweep direction only.

Post by AddictedToBleeps Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:40 am

I normally find this is rubbish of some sort as well. Any grunt behind it?

It's always a good idea to investigate by moving round the target with all detectors. The problem is, if it doesn't bleep when you're on another axis....do you dig it or not?

AddictedToBleeps
AddictedToBleeps

http://www.bleeps.me

Back to top Go down

signal on one sweep direction only. Empty Re: signal on one sweep direction only.

Post by tomtomcs Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:36 pm

AddictedToBleeps wrote:I normally find this is rubbish of some sort as well.  Any grunt behind it?

It's always a good idea to investigate by moving round the target with all detectors.  The problem is, if it doesn't bleep when you're on another axis....do you dig it or not?  

Thanks ATB

To dig or not, this is the question. I've been digging the garden a lot and think my 'troubles' with my new 6xmi are probably not the unit, rather the hideously trashy ground I am (trying) to learn/practice on.

In a typical 8 inch square (spade sized turf removed) I'll find the main signal, then usually another 2 or three bits of trash, foil, or enormous iron. It's all very well using discrimination on the MD, but the pin pointer finds all the trash sharing the same hole! Seems people used the garden as a refuse tip.

On an 8 foot arc, there are around 6 signals.

All I need to do is find an empty area ( i.e. no signals of any kind) then bury some test items and presumably it will behave.

tomtomcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down