Cscope Users
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

FAQ & RULES

Firstly, please understand that this forum is not associated with Cscope, or affiliated with Cscope in any way. It is purely a forum set up for fans of Cscope Metal detectors, and for people with questions about Cscope Metal detectors.

We want this forum to be as laid back as possible, but will not allow ANY of the following rules to be broken. Metal Detecting is getting enough bad press as it is at the moment, and we need to adhering to the positive ideas concerning Metal Detecting, together.

These are the rules of this forum. Please follow them.

Illegal Detecting.

We do not support illegal Metal Detecting in any way, shape or form. Any discussion on the positive promotion of Nighthawking, or any other form of illegal detecting will be deleted, and the member, banned.

ISM's

We do not condone racism, sexism, or any other negative ISM's on this forum. Posts will be deleted, and members banned. Aggression Any aggressive posts, be they directed at other members, moderators, or Joe Bloggs down the road will be deleted, and the member banned.

Please adhere to these rules, and treat other members with respect.

VIDEO Steepletone Wireless headphones for Metal Detecting

4 posters

Go down

VIDEO Steepletone Wireless headphones for Metal Detecting Empty VIDEO Steepletone Wireless headphones for Metal Detecting

Post by andypandy1962 Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:23 am

Initial testing shows no LAG on these wireless headphones running at 2.4GHZ, not bluetooth as far as I can tell as dongle would not be needed, will do some field testing to check if they really are suitable.

Work on my Cscope 6MXI ok so should work on Garrett etc...

These can be purchased on eBay UK (Dec 2015) for £23.09, you get 2 pairs, one over ears type as well

andypandy1962
andypandy1962

Back to top Go down

VIDEO Steepletone Wireless headphones for Metal Detecting Empty Re: VIDEO Steepletone Wireless headphones for Metal Detecting

Post by weeder Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:30 am

i like them, might have to treat myself
thanks for posting
weeder
weeder

Back to top Go down

VIDEO Steepletone Wireless headphones for Metal Detecting Empty Re: VIDEO Steepletone Wireless headphones for Metal Detecting

Post by andypandy1962 Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:51 am

weeder wrote:i like them,   might have to treat myself
thanks for posting

Yes pricewise worth a punt bear in mind the dongle goes for about 3 hours headphones should go for more especially the big pair AA batteries. You might be able to extend the dongle battery by plugging in ext USB battery which costs £3.60 of ebay like this one:
VIDEO Steepletone Wireless headphones for Metal Detecting External_battery_pack
andypandy1962
andypandy1962

Back to top Go down

Post by weeder Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:00 pm

thanks Andy
weeder
weeder

Back to top Go down

Post by bazday Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:25 am

Hi Andy
I bought the Steepletone wireless headphones too. Paid £39 and got three pairs, one on-ear set and two over-ear. They seem well made and one of the over-ear sets has noise cancelling that works well (not for detecting of course). But only one dongle for all three sets which is a shame. Stunning value all the same.

I was really keen to try these out on the 6mxi, and the over-ear phones with rechargeable AA batteries were my choice. Charged everything up and gave it a whirl. Well, it was a real disappointment, very distorted, crackly, mushy and totally unusable. I guessed the dongle was being swamped with too high a signal from the detectors audio amp. So today I had time to knock up an attenuator which has at least made it usable, but it's still work-in-progress. Unfortunately, another problem has now shown up. The dongle has an auto shutdown feature to save battery drain which on my sample activates after a minute. So every time you dig a target, it shuts down!

I would be interested to know if anyone else is using the phones and their experiences. Perhaps I've just got a dodgy dongle !!

bazday

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy1962 Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:44 am

Yes I found these points out to my cost and sold my pair. Sorry you had these problems, feel guilty now!

Anyway I have now purchased a pair of Sennheiser RS160 after doing my research, they cost £98 on ebay (normally as much as £160) apart from being able to use them with hifi as well (great sound) they sound fab (on initial testing) connected to the 6mxi no distortion (has output vol control) 120hrs transmitter/24 hours phones battery life.

I am currently doing video review, which will be live over the weekend!
andypandy1962
andypandy1962

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy1962 Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:37 am

Here's the review:

andypandy1962
andypandy1962

Back to top Go down

Post by bazday Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:12 pm

These Sennheisers look the business and I'm tempted, but I will wait to see how you get on in the field. Does the transmitter have the auto shutdown power save feature? I think I will abandon the Steepletone phones - could probably get the audio side sorted, but the auto shutdown dongle is unsurmountable as that's programmed in.

Look forward to hearing how you get on in the field.

bazday

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy1962 Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:31 am

bazday wrote:These Sennheisers look the business and I'm tempted, but I will wait to see how you get on in the field. Does the transmitter have the auto shutdown power save feature? I think I will abandon the Steepletone phones - could probably get the audio side sorted, but the auto shutdown dongle is unsurmountable as that's programmed in.

Look forward to hearing how you get on in the field.  

Argos now have em £69, bugger I paid £98, get em while you can....
andypandy1962
andypandy1962

Back to top Go down

Post by bazday Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:04 am

Thanks for the heads up on Argos. Went to their site first thing Sunday morning and they had already sold out. Found a brand new set on ebay for £75 and they should be here Wednesday.
I think wireless has got to be the way to go. Headphone cable has really started to bug me this winter, always getting tangled up with the pockets and flaps on the waterproofs. I also use a Minelab harness (brilliant bit of kit) and it tangles up with the bungee and almost pulls my ears off.
Detecting on Wednesday or Thursday, will let you know how the new headphones perform.

bazday

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy1962 Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:48 am

Baz make sure they are not the "additional pair" option as they sell them with out the transmitter for around that price, hope they are not pal, super phones though, just tried them on my Ace 250 and sound great (if you like double dingers) lol.

Tried them outside with the 6mxi lovely sharp tones and will go loud if you can put up with it, good job the base has a volume level.
andypandy1962
andypandy1962

Back to top Go down

Post by bazday Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:15 am

Hi Andy The phones arrived this morning and yes I was aware of the extra pair option and had taken great care to get the full setup, very easy to get caught out though.

I was really pleased that they were as described, brand new sealed pack, doesn't always work out like that on ebay.

I had already made up a waterproof pouch to take the now abandoned Steepletone dongle and a battery pack. Well, the Sennheiser transmitter fitted in a treat. I
fitted standard alkaline batteries in the headphones and transmitter and I was off to the fields.

These RS160 phones are superb, you can hear every little nuance the 6mxi gives, and as you say there's plenty of volume if you need it. I was out for three hours and these phones are so light and comfy you almost forget you are wearing them.
Audio-wise these are the best I have used, such clarity, the digital processing removes any white noise.

You can probably tell that I am smitten, my only reservation would be their durability, not so much whilst detecting, more with being chucked in the bag with all the other gear. But this is true of many detecting specific headphones on the market now. I bought a pair of RAT phones from America must be ten years ago, and they just seem indestructible, but they sound incredibly dull in comparison to the RS160. Time will tell.

bazday

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy1962 Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:42 am

Yes durability might be an issue, but if we are careful then they should last.....
andypandy1962
andypandy1962

Back to top Go down

Post by sandcscan Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:08 am

Hi there ! A pal had pointed out to me that the sound of my m/d peeping away on permission could be clearly be heard at his place 100s of metres away . To avoid annoying ppl with my hobby i have been obliged to use h/phones . I really want cscope wireless as i find wires get tangled at times. I will be stalking my friendly dealer for a good price as usual . He is , btw , also in the habit of fixing digging sites for me ! Being a keen m/d himself knows plenty spare ground . I have a couple of standard h/phones , but , what i found suits my purposes best is £7 walkman set with foam cups, as are light and have good venting , moderate noise. Did add light , strong string to beef up the cable and taped over to length to suit . Am now considering how to get 6mx into standard back pack for cycling, hiking to sites . Will let you know by and by how it pans out. Meanwhile , Yee-Haa! I have a cscope forum all to myself ?!?!

sandcscan

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy1962 Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:16 am

sandcscan wrote:Hi there ! A pal had pointed out to me that the sound of my m/d peeping away on permission could be clearly be heard at his place 100s of metres away . To avoid annoying ppl with my hobby i have been obliged to use h/phones . I really want cscope wireless as i find wires get tangled at times. I will be stalking my friendly dealer for a good price as usual . He is , btw , also in the habit of fixing digging sites for me ! Being a keen m/d himself knows plenty spare ground . I have a couple of standard h/phones , but , what i found suits my purposes best is £7 walkman set with foam cups, as are light and have good venting , moderate noise. Did add light , strong string to beef up the cable and taped over to length to suit . Am now considering how to get 6mx into standard back pack for cycling, hiking to sites . Will let you know by and by how it pans out. Meanwhile , Yee-Haa! I have a cscope forum all to myself ?!?!

Good luck pal!
andypandy1962
andypandy1962

Back to top Go down

Post by sandcscan Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Thanks ! Watched your movies and was v.impressed . Woke first thing this morning to have a blast on 6mx. Tried it on top of a scrap heap on boatyard slipway . It did pick out the tiny copper nails from the thousands of steel and iron ones . Last summer took 3mx out every day. I was able to cover 300% more ground with it than usual due to its light weight and extremely fast , clear , signal. Yes, it did recover its weight in gold ! :-)

sandcscan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down