Cscope Users
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

FAQ & RULES

Firstly, please understand that this forum is not associated with Cscope, or affiliated with Cscope in any way. It is purely a forum set up for fans of Cscope Metal detectors, and for people with questions about Cscope Metal detectors.

We want this forum to be as laid back as possible, but will not allow ANY of the following rules to be broken. Metal Detecting is getting enough bad press as it is at the moment, and we need to adhering to the positive ideas concerning Metal Detecting, together.

These are the rules of this forum. Please follow them.

Illegal Detecting.

We do not support illegal Metal Detecting in any way, shape or form. Any discussion on the positive promotion of Nighthawking, or any other form of illegal detecting will be deleted, and the member, banned.

ISM's

We do not condone racism, sexism, or any other negative ISM's on this forum. Posts will be deleted, and members banned. Aggression Any aggressive posts, be they directed at other members, moderators, or Joe Bloggs down the road will be deleted, and the member banned.

Please adhere to these rules, and treat other members with respect.

C Scope CS990XD and 4MXi tale.

5 posters

Go down

C Scope CS990XD and 4MXi tale. Empty C Scope CS990XD and 4MXi tale.

Post by BC10 Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:45 am

Hi all, just joined as I have been a lifelong fan of C Scopes. Have had quite a few of them over the years but in all honesty - I have found more with my 990Xd - solid 8 inch coil version - than any other detector. It has more than paid for itself over and over again and again. I absolutely love the tones. I generally use it with single tone first of all and on locating a target, I flip the audio disc on to check the tones - reverse discrimination if you will. A growl is a bottlecap or iron and a high tone is usually something interesting - or maybe even a ring pull. It is an absolute coin magnet though.

This week I have bought the bargain of a lifetime. I managed to pick up a very lightly used 4MXi for the grand sum of £120. A guy had originally sold it on flea bay and it got sent back to him with a dreadfully damning report;
Apparently the detector did not discriminate properly and would not even detect wood  Exclamation  Yes that's right WOOD! Also the speaker could not possibly be functioning correctly as the bleeps were very short  Exclamation  Question 

The seller, not knowing too much about detectors (in his own words) was not happy with this report so decided to sell it on again for spares or repairs. I thought I would take a gamble and it luckilly paid off. I am now the proud owner of an (almost) fully functional 4MXi - I say almost as it really suffers badly from the inability to detect lumps of wood ! But I can live with that. I have given it a good old work out in my test garden and here at least, I have to say - it is very nearly on a par with the XP Deus in terms of depth and recovery speed ! I hope to be giving it a good going over this weekend and will report back here on what - if anything - I find. AND - if all I find is wood - then I will get hold of the seller to tell him that the guy was wrong,lol.

BC10

Back to top Go down

C Scope CS990XD and 4MXi tale. Empty Re: C Scope CS990XD and 4MXi tale.

Post by AddictedToBleeps Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:17 am

£120! Thats a serious bargain!

Confused about the wood thing though, lol
AddictedToBleeps
AddictedToBleeps

http://www.bleeps.me

Back to top Go down

Post by show_me _the _bling Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:11 am

also very confused about the wood thing lol

show_me _the _bling

Back to top Go down

Post by nigelsykes Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 am

My 990XD discriminates against all all metals. It has an all wood mode.

nigelsykes

Back to top Go down

Post by weeder Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:56 am

nigelsykes wrote:My 990XD discriminates against all all metals. It has an all wood mode.

lol Laughing Laughing
weeder
weeder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down