Cscope Users
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

FAQ & RULES

Firstly, please understand that this forum is not associated with Cscope, or affiliated with Cscope in any way. It is purely a forum set up for fans of Cscope Metal detectors, and for people with questions about Cscope Metal detectors.

We want this forum to be as laid back as possible, but will not allow ANY of the following rules to be broken. Metal Detecting is getting enough bad press as it is at the moment, and we need to adhering to the positive ideas concerning Metal Detecting, together.

These are the rules of this forum. Please follow them.

Illegal Detecting.

We do not support illegal Metal Detecting in any way, shape or form. Any discussion on the positive promotion of Nighthawking, or any other form of illegal detecting will be deleted, and the member, banned.

ISM's

We do not condone racism, sexism, or any other negative ISM's on this forum. Posts will be deleted, and members banned. Aggression Any aggressive posts, be they directed at other members, moderators, or Joe Bloggs down the road will be deleted, and the member banned.

Please adhere to these rules, and treat other members with respect.

settings 6mx

+3
miss a lot
AddictedToBleeps
weeder
7 posters

Go down

settings 6mx Empty settings 6mx

Post by weeder Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:25 am

what do you guys use/prefer ?
weeder
weeder

Back to top Go down

settings 6mx Empty Re: settings 6mx

Post by AddictedToBleeps Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:57 pm

I wind disc right down to about one. People think that all metal means also iron, but it's still discriminated out. I don't like to miss anything with too much discrim.

I don't tend to ground balance, as it becomes super sensitive, and goes a bit mad round these parts.

I have disc volume up to about 8.

Iron sits quite far back. Normally around 4. That way I can tell if a 'good' signal has any iron behind it (normally, shrapnel, shotgun cartridges, etc) but doesn't become annoying with that constant grunting.

I can get away with sensitivity being up full here. Rarely have a field where I need to drop it.

How about you?
AddictedToBleeps
AddictedToBleeps

http://www.bleeps.me

Back to top Go down

Post by miss a lot Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Mmmm I use the settings it says in the booklet that comes with the 6mxi , but going to give your ones a go this Saturday . Will let you know how it goes

miss a lot

Back to top Go down

Post by weeder Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:05 am

thanks for that guys,
weeder
weeder

Back to top Go down

Post by weeder Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:17 pm

tried it over my test bed with no discrim, i was well impressed
thanks again ATB
weeder
weeder

Back to top Go down

Post by miss a lot Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:56 am

Was out Saturday and Monday , using your settings . Like them a lot , picked up some nice bits ...... Thanks

miss a lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie 1970 Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:30 am

Gonna try those setting tomorrow too on my 6mxi and see how they work on the bigger coil as mines the 11x14

Westie 1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchie Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:46 am

AddictedtoBleeps - I search with disc on 3, so I can just filter out most of the hot rocks and the tiniest bits of foil. In your experience, what are typical targets missed in that region? I'll try disc to 1 tomorrow, I'll have compete with a Deus tomorrow.. I can use any edge i can get :-).
Dutchie
Dutchie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchie Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:27 am

I had good results last Saturday with disc set to 1 and manual groundbalance. We searched two fields somewhere between the large rivers over here, so heavy clay soil. My trusty cscope did her work perfectly, I found about the same amount of items as my friend with a Deus. With a small difference - I had two silver coins , 17nd and 16nd century.
Dutchie
Dutchie

Back to top Go down

Post by dave1 Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:56 pm

iv been running mine at one disc and iron volume at 8 is this right
dave1
dave1

Back to top Go down

Post by bazday Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi everyone,had my seventh outing with the 6mx yesterday and the most successful to date. The settings Ive arrived at are :

ground auto
iron volume 4
disc volume 1
disc level  4
sensitivity 8
originally when I started using this machine I had set the iron volume to 0 and dug loads of big iron.By setting the iron volume to 4 I now have the iron buzz overlaying the positive signal that big iron always produces.
Yesterday was on pasture, so the finds were fairly deep, in a three hour session I had 35 good signals, the usual stuff from pasture, pre decimal pennies, buttons and buckles, and a hammered penny from 6 inches. The only iron I dug was 2 large rings that most detectors would signal positive. My confidence with the 6 mx is growing with every outing, far and away the best cscope Ive ever used.

bazday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down